Sunday, March 16, 2014

Learning: Making a Timeline... for your BLOG!

Check out this amazing new timeline I learned how to use! Complete with documentation and links to the originals. I can finally post all of the documentation about an ancestor in one convenient post without it going on for days!

Also, because it runs out of a Google Spreadsheet in Google Drive, I can make an infinite number of these timelines without it taking up ANY drive space!

Think it can't get better? Well, it just did. Because it's a Google Spreadsheet, it will update in real time. So every time you make a breakthrough and find more documentation, all you have to do is add a line in the spreadsheet. It will then update automatically and display your result in the original post.

Check out Timeline JS if you want to harness this sweet awesomeness!


  1. Excellent thanks! Have been looking for something as simple as this.

  2. I've been using Timeline JS on my family history blog for over a year. It is so easy to populate and you don't have the issue with Flash and rendering on Mobile that you have with many other timeline packages. Thanks for posting this.

  3. I too have been using Timeline JS on my family history blog. It's a great tool, isn't it! Thanks for the reminder that I need to go in and add some recent blog posts to my spreadsheets. I probably have enough blog posts on some other folks now to create timelines for them as well.

  4. Heather,

    This is awesome! I haven't tried Timeline JS yet. I really need to try it in the near future.

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at

    Have a wonderful weekend!